Monday, April 25, 2011

By us. For us.

He is risen!
Praise the Lord. Over the past few years Easter has become a holiday that I have appreciated so very much. It used to be a happy day to celebrate Jesus' resurection. I always looked forward to buying a new Easter dress, getting my Easter basket, dying eggs, egg hunts and usually a day off school. However, the past few years I've gotten to watch The Passion of the Christ on Easter. This has compleatly turrned my view of Easter around. It has helped me keep my focus where it needs to be: the cross. If you have neve watched The Passion I encourage you to.

I read a quote this Easter that really struck me:
"Untill you see the cross as that which is done by you, you will never appreciate that it is done for you." -John Stott.

We were the reason that He gave his life. We were the reason He suffered and died. He gave all He could give to show us the reason to live.

So I leave you with this, remember that the cross what not only by you but for you. He is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment