Saturday, July 23, 2011

Be Intentional.

Monday morning I leave for Kids Camp where I will be a counselor for five 6th grade girls. I am more than excited to meet all my girls and be with them all week. This will be my 5th summer at Kids Camp and I think this is the first time that one of the things I am most excited for is the lessons. This year I have made it my goal to prepare for the lessons as best as I can and to be really intentional with my girls all week. In the past, I've focused on the lessons durring lesson time, but not again throughout the day. I've realized how important it is to have intentional conversations. I want to know exactly where my girls are spiritually by the end of the week, not just guessing where they are. I want to make sure that each one of my girls knows what the Gospel is. I want to know if it has impacted their life. And I want each one of them to know how it has impacted mine!
As I have prepared for camp, I have dug deep into the lessons. I have elaborated on important parts. Most importantly, I have found places in each lesson to explain the Gospel again. Ahh I am just so excited.
Join me in praying for Grace, Anna, Gretchen, Makenna, Marie and my co-counselor Maddie.
Can't wait to share how the week went and how God moved in all of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment