Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tounge and Attitude

This semester, my small group is starting something different. We are picking a new topic each week and reading 10 verses on it. What I have done is read one or two verses each night and then i pick them apart. Its been cool

Jan. 20 TOUNGE

James 1:26
If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his toungue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

if our tounge goes "crazy" our religion is worthless. Wow. That should scare us. It most defintly scares me!



Jan. 27 ATTITUDE

Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

The word and is very important here. It can become easy for the words of our mouth to be pleasing to the Lord, but the things in our hearts can be more challenging. People might not know what is going on in our hearts, but God sure does. BOTH of those things need to be pleasing to God


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowlege him, and he will make your plaths straight.

Definition of ALL: -the whole of -the greatest possible -nothing but
We need to trust the Lord with NOTHING BUT our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. sooooo good. I love what your group is doing ~ so personal and applicable.

    Praying the Lord gives you continual revelation into His Word!
    much love,
    ~Mrs. W~

    ReplyDelete